A frittata is a versatile dish that can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. It’s a great way to use up leftover vegetables, meat, or cheese, and it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
In this article, I’ll show you how to make a frittata with anything in your fridge. I’ll also give you some tips for making the perfect frittata, every time.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite fillings (see below for ideas)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add your favorite fillings to the egg mixture. Some ideas include:
- Cooked vegetables (such as onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach)
- Cooked meat (such as bacon, sausage, ham)
- Cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese)
- Other toppings (such as herbs, spices, sun-dried tomatoes)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bottom is set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the frittata is cooked through.
- Let the frittata cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- For a fluffier frittata, beat the eggs well before adding the milk and cheese.
- To prevent the frittata from sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is hot before adding the egg mixture.
- If you’re using fillings that release a lot of liquid, cook them until they’re dry before adding them to the egg mixture.
- To make a ahead of time, assemble the frittata and bake it until it’s just set. Let it cool completely, then cover and refrigerate. When you’re ready to serve, reheat the frittata in a preheated oven until it’s heated through.
A frittata is a delicious and versatile dish that can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it’s easy to make ahead of time. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, give a frittata a try!
What are some other good ingredients to add to a frittata?
Some other good ingredients to add to a frittata include: Broccoli, Cheddar cheese, Ham, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Spinach and Tomatoes.
How do I make sure my frittata doesn’t stick to the pan?
To prevent your frittata from sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is hot before adding the egg mixture. You can also add a small amount of oil or butter to the pan.
How long should I cook a frittata?
The cooking time for a frittata will vary depending on the thickness of the frittata and the heat of your oven. A general rule of thumb is to cook a frittata for 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Can I make a frittata ahead of time?
Yes, you can make a frittata ahead of time. Assemble the frittata and bake it until it is just set. Let it cool completely, then cover and refrigerate.
What are some other ways to serve a frittata?
A frittata can be served as a main course or a side dish. It can also be cut into wedges and served as finger food.