Roasted Cauliflower & Walnut Dip is a delightful appetizer that combines the earthy flavor of cauliflower with the richness of walnuts to create a creamy and savory dip.
This versatile dish is perfect for gatherings, snacking, or spreading on sandwiches and wraps. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making this flavorful dip that’s sure to become a favorite at your table.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup of walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, for a hint of spice (optional)
Steps to Make
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the cauliflower florets with one tablespoon of olive oil and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until it’s tender and golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently until they become fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and let them cool.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted cauliflower, toasted walnuts, minced garlic, lemon juice, tahini, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Process the mixture until it becomes creamy and well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl as you go.
- If the dip is too thick, you can add a bit of water or olive oil, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer the Roasted Cauliflower & Walnut Dip to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes if you like a hint of spice.
Roasted Cauliflower & Walnut Dip is a versatile and delicious addition to your culinary repertoire. The combination of roasted cauliflower and toasted walnuts creates a creamy, nutty, and slightly smoky flavor profile that’s both satisfying and nutritious.
Whether you’re dipping fresh vegetables, pita bread, or using it as a spread, this dip is a crowd-pleaser.
Can I use frozen cauliflower for this recipe?
Fresh cauliflower is recommended for the best flavor and texture, but you can use frozen cauliflower if that’s what you have on hand.
How do I store leftover dip?
Store any remaining Roasted Cauliflower & Walnut Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Can I make this dip ahead of time for a party?
Absolutely! This dip can be made in advance and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. Just give it a good stir before serving.
What can I serve with this dip?
This dip pairs wonderfully with fresh vegetable sticks, pita bread, crackers, or as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
Are there variations I can try for this recipe?
You can customize this dip with additional ingredients like roasted red peppers, herbs, or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for different flavor profiles.