When it’s time to feed a hungry crowd, a delicious and efficient solution is Sheet-Pan Egg Sandwiches. These sandwiches combine the comforting taste of fluffy scrambled eggs, savory breakfast meats, melted cheese, and a touch of freshness, all nestled between slices of soft bread.
Whether you’re hosting a brunch gathering or planning a hearty breakfast for a group, these sheet-pan sandwiches are a winning choice.
Feeding a Group
Preparing food for a large gathering can be overwhelming, but sheet-pan meals simplify the process. With minimal effort and maximum flavor, these sandwiches offer a satisfying breakfast option that’s sure to impress your guests.
- 12 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of your favorite bread (such as English muffins, bagels, or ciabatta rolls)
- 12 slices of cooked bacon, sausage patties, or ham
- 12 slices of cheese (cheddar, American, or Swiss)
- Butter or cooking spray for the sheet pan
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a large sheet pan with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Whisk and Season: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten. Season with a pinch of salt and a dash of black pepper.
- Spread the Eggs: Pour the beaten eggs onto the greased sheet pan, ensuring they are spread evenly to form a thin layer.
- Bake the Eggs: Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are set and slightly puffed.
- Slice and Assemble: While the eggs are baking, slice the bread of your choice and prepare the cooked bacon, sausage, or ham.
- Cut into Portions: Once the eggs are done baking, remove the sheet pan from the oven and let them cool slightly. Use a knife or a biscuit cutter to cut the baked eggs into portions that match the size of your bread slices.
- Assemble the Sandwiches: To create each sandwich, place a portion of baked eggs on one slice of bread. Top with a slice of cheese and a slice of cooked bacon, sausage, or ham. Finish with another slice of bread to complete the sandwich.
- Serve and Enjoy: Arrange the assembled sandwiches on a platter and serve while warm. Your Sheet-Pan Egg Sandwiches for a Crowd are ready to be enjoyed!
Feel free to customize these sandwiches to suit your preferences. You can add sliced tomatoes, avocado, or a drizzle of hot sauce for extra flavor. For a vegetarian version, omit the breakfast meats and load up on veggies and cheese.
Sheet-Pan Egg Sandwiches for a Crowd are a testament to the convenience of sheet-pan cooking. With a harmony of flavors and textures, these sandwiches offer a satisfying breakfast solution that’s perfect for group gatherings or family brunches.
The ease of preparation and the joy of sharing delicious food make these sandwiches a hit among both hosts and guests.
Can I use other types of bread?
Absolutely! Choose your favorite bread, whether it’s English muffins, bagels, or even slices of whole wheat or sourdough bread.
Can I make these sandwiches ahead of time?
While they’re best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the components in advance and assemble them shortly before serving.
Can I use pre-cooked scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked scrambled eggs, but baking them on the sheet pan adds a unique texture and flavor.
Can I use different types of cheese?
Certainly! Experiment with your favorite cheeses to create flavor variations.
Can I add vegetables to these sandwiches?
Absolutely. Sliced tomatoes, sautéed spinach, or bell peppers can add a burst of freshness.