Spinach and egg tacos are a delicious and healthy way to start your day. They are packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, and they are easy to make.
In this article, I will show you how to make spinach and egg tacos. I will also give you some tips for making them even more delicious.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Your favorite toppings (see below for ideas)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the spinach mixture to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
- Fill each tortilla with the egg mixture and your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately.
- For a spicier taco, add a pinch of chili powder to the egg mixture.
- For a vegetarian taco, omit the eggs.
- You can also add other vegetables to the taco filling, such as mushrooms, tomatoes, or bell peppers.
- For a fun twist, try using different types of tortillas, such as flour tortillas or whole wheat tortillas.
- Get creative with your toppings! Some popular choices include shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, and avocado.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10 grams
- Saturated fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Spinach is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate and magnesium.
- Eggs are a good source of protein, choline, and selenium.
- For a Mexican-inspired taco, add chopped cilantro, lime juice, and a dollop of guacamole.
- For a Southwestern-inspired taco, add chopped black beans, corn, and salsa.
- For an Asian-inspired taco, add chopped carrots, cucumbers, and soy sauce.
- For a Mediterranean-inspired taco, add chopped tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.
- Get creative and have fun with your tacos!
Spinach and egg tacos are a delicious and healthy way to start your day. They are easy to make and can be customized to your liking. So next time you’re looking for a quick and healthy breakfast, give spinach and egg tacos a try!
What are some other ingredients that I can add to spinach and egg tacos?
You can add any vegetables that you like to spinach and egg tacos. Some popular choices include mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, and corn.
Can I make spinach and egg tacos ahead of time?
Yes, you can make spinach and egg tacos ahead of time. Simply assemble the tacos and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
How do I reheat spinach and egg tacos?
You can reheat spinach and egg tacos in a skillet over medium heat or in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes, or until heated through.
What are some other ways to serve spinach and egg tacos?
You can serve spinach and egg tacos as a breakfast taco, a lunch taco, or a dinner taco. You can also serve them as an appetizer or a snack.
Where can I find more information about spinach and egg tacos?
There are many resources available online and in libraries that can provide you with more information about spinach and egg tacos.